You have sought the assistance of CareerPro Resumes to get that ideal resume for the jobs you are seeking. You have applied to different companies and received a response for an interview. The day, time and location for the interview have all been set. Now what? Well the answer is, you prepare for the interview!
Here are ten tips to help you prepare for your interview:
- Thoroughly research the company you are applying to. Search online for as much information as you can find or if you know someone working at the company, seek their firsthand knowledge.
- Carefully read the job description. Ensure you understand what the role involves and what the company is seeking for a future employee.
- Anticipate the questions you may be asked (online research can help) and have answers prepared along with a concise example of when you have used this in the past. For example, if you are asked, “Have you used Microsoft tools in the past” Don’t just answer, “Yes” Instead, you should respond with something like the following, “Yes, I have used Microsoft Excel/ Word/ PowerPoint etc. in my last job to prepare summary reports or give presentations”
- Conduct mock interviews. Seek the assistance of your friends to conduct mock interviews. This will help you not only feel more comfortable on the day of the interview but will also give you an opportunity to see where you might need to make improvements.
- I personally like to practice speaking in front of a mirror. It gives you a perspective of what the person sitting opposite you sees. Have an upright proper posture, sit properly, nod your head in acknowledgement of when a question / statement is being made and remember to smile at appropriate times. Body language is very important.
- Prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview. Almost all interviewers will ask at the end if you have any questions to ask. Use this opportunity wisely and ask relevant questions. Remember this is the place where you will be spending at least 40 hours of your week!
- Do a test drive to where the interview will be taking place and find alternate routes. Find the parking areas and get an average of how long it took you to get there. This helps so that on the interview day you are not stuck in traffic and frantically looking for a place to park. Remember you Do Not want to be late for an interview!
- Take a few copies of your resume with you to offer to the interviewers. After all you should be proud of the resume you have worked with CareerPro Resumes to produce.
- Pick out your appropriate business attire. Make sure it’s clean, not wrinkled and fits.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the interview and remain calm and collected.
Hope these tips have been helpful and good luck for your interview!