“Handle them carefully, for words have more power than atom bombs.” – Pearl Strachan Hurd
Words are powerful and have the ability to leave a lasting impression on those we share them with. The right words written or spoken can accelerate your career while the wrong words can tank it.
This same principle applies to your resume and the wording you choose plays a huge part in connecting with your reader; it’s what helps you land the interview.
If you’re looking for just the right words to convey your message, you’ve visited the right place. Here are 25 of the very best resume phrases to use that are sure to make a difference and help your resume stand out:
- Welcomes responsibility
- Listens attentively
- Decision maker
- Strong networking skills
- Effective communicator
- Motivate others
- Mentored or Fostered a team
- Acquired clients, resources or funding
- Orchestrated, Founded or Designed a project, process or policy
- Consolidated or Reduced inefficiencies or expenses
- Accelerated growth
- Generated revenue or sales
- Overhauled, Revitalized or Revamped a system or department
- Outpaced or Outperformed competition
- Boosted sales
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Thrive in a team environment
- Forge strong relationships
- Extensive experience
- Recognize, identify and propose solutions for…
- Earned promotion, achievement or award
- Reduced material cost or reduced company’s burden
- Developed new product or service offering
- Implemented innovate approach
Using power phrases and words throughout your resume can help you stand out as long as it’s presented in a professional way. Remember, it’s important that your resume is easy to read and not filled with fluff words and phrases to the point it’s difficult to understand and offers no value.
Always make sure your resume is tailored to the specific role you’re seeking and make it easy for the employer to connect the dots between your skills and they’re needs; without copying their job description.
Resume writing is a craft and because of this, many of those new to the job market will seek the services of a professional resume writer.
Don’t be one in a million instead be the ONLY one in a million!